IYH Wrestling

Message Board
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:30 pm 

In a live shoot interview tonight, Gail Kim spoke on record for the first time about why she quit WWE, the Divas division and walking out of a battle royal on Raw in her final appearance.

A few highlights below:

* Gail reveals that the Divas today are told: “You’re getting too physical” and “You’re getting too good”, indicating that they don’t want the women to upstage the male wrestlers.

* Gail says she got the opportunity to be in a documentary about successful Korean people but WWE wouldn’t let her do it.

* Gail says winning Knockouts Title meant more than winning Women’s Title because it wasn’t just handed to her. She says she was part of building the division and that made it more special.

* Gail reveals that she had four boob jobs. She says she never felt pressure from WWE to do it and even asked her mom in high school to have breast implants. “No pressure.” Never heard a story about there being pressure.

* Low-Ki told her about Awesome Kong (Kharma). When they were talking about who to bring in for the division, Gail said why don’t we bring in Kong — she had never seen her work or even a picture of her but thought she would be unique for the division.

* As far as she knows, she never knew of ideas for her to work with Kharma in WWE in a storyline, but they had plans to have her work Kharma’s first singles match.

* Gail says the plan was for Kharma to feud with Beth Phoenix.

* Gail says the Knockouts never talked about their pay in TNA. Any frustration was between talent and office, not with each other.

* Gail on leaving TNA: She was in contract negotiations, but was having financial issues. She says the pay she was being offered, she couldn’t accept at that time. WWE reached out and offered her more money. She said she spoke to everyone in the TNA office and bawled when she spoke to Jeff Jarrett. She says: “When life takes over, you have to do what you have to do to pay your bills.”

* On re-signing with WWE, Gail says Johnny Ace told her that the creative team was so excited to have her back and had ideas for her. Hmm… really?

* Gail says she was offered a training position in FCW but turned it down because she felt she still had a lot to offer in her career.

* Gail says every week there’d be a new rule for the Divas like “no kicking”, “no punching” etc. “It was so frustrating.” WWE wanted “more girliness” in Divas matches.

* Gail says it’s sad that the Women’s Title was retired. WWE needs two titles for both shows. She says the Divas were sad about it.

* Gail says she heard rumors that the Daniel Bryan/Bella Twins storyline ended because the network thought it wasn’t heading in a very PG direction, so she was brought in as his girlfriend to end the storyline. Gail says fans, Vince and Kevin Dunn loved the Gail/Bellas catfight when she was revealed as DB’s girlfriend.

* Gail says she was ready to quit the day that she was revealed as Daniel Bryan’s girlfriend, but prolonged it because she was finally being used.

* Gail says she felt slapped in the face and disrespected by a series of events and doesn’t take back her action of eliminating herself in the Divas battle royal. She recalls one instance when she went out to the ring with Daniel Bryan as his manager, but when she got to ringside, she was told to go to the back. She had just stood in 10 minutes in gorilla position with Vince and others there, however she wasn’t told she wasn’t supposed to go out. Agents told her she was going out. However, when she went out there, she was told to go back. She felt disrespected and spoke to Johnny Ace.

* Gail says she felt frustrated in WWE. She had been approached about re-signing by Johnny Ace but said she definitely wasn’t going to re-sign. She didn’t know how much longer she was going to last. The night of the battle royal came on Raw. She felt that the Divas were treated as a joke but tried to make the best of every situation. She says the battle royal came and they were told, “Everybody has to get out of the ring as fast as possible in the first minute”. She says other things happened that day but won’t reveal what happened. She felt disrespected at that moment and wanted to be disrespectful back, thus eliminating herself. She does admit it was childish. She went to the back & none of the agents or higher-ups noticed that she had eliminated herself. Later on in the night, she quit and told Johnny that he eliminated himself and he laughed! They didn’t notice or care.

* She says when she quit, Johnny Ace offered her the training role in FCW again but she turned it down. She says he wouldn’t let her quit. She said she wanted walk away & offered to give up the money. They told her she has to wait for her contract to run out. They didn’t want her working for any other wrestling companies.

Gail says she went into the locker room at Raw and announced to the Divas that she had quit. Everyone was shocked and sad.

Gail says she told Johnny to stop controlling her. She just wanted to be free. She says she told them to keep their money but they wouldn’t let her walk. They had a lawyer call her and explain the ‘legal repercussions’ of her quitting.

* Gail on WWE hiring models instead of independent wrestlers: She says that’s what it is right now. Girls like Beth and Natalya are a rare breed. She thinks women can be a draw & have kick ass matches.

* Regarding “that match” with Mickie James: They were very excited to have the match and planned too much. She wasn’t injured. They tried to call it on the fly but it didn’t work. She says, “We’re human”.

* Gail says she’d love for the girls to be treated equally. She wants to see them be given the same opportunities as the men. It’s frustrating being held down. She says the Knockouts division is proof that people want to see women’s wrestling.

Source Diva-Dirt.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:06 am 

okay seriously did she ever think they didn't push her because every attempt they did she botch the most basic of moves on National Television in front of everyone?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:57 pm 

You can't really blame her for not trying when the company was never going to do anything with her anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:29 pm 

Again why would they just do stuff with her? Everytime she was given the slightest thing to do she fucked it up bad on National Television and again despite this opinion on the IWC that her 2003 run was amazing she wasn't very good even back then.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:40 pm 

I bet they never told Zach Ryder "tone it down we don't want you to outshine the women." That's the difference.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:49 am 

Team Ninja wrote:
I bet they never told Zach Ryder "tone it down we don't want you to outshine the women." That's the difference.

YOu know its funny Rob Van Dam was according to the INternet told the same thing, Ken Kennedy said he was told the same thing, and yet your the same person who said The whole point of wrestling is to work people.

Every released WWE wrestler usually says this in some way of they didn't let me be me. I highly doubt WWE told Gail Kim tone it down unless she was told to do it for a valid reason.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:12 am 

RVD and Kennedy said that WWE told them not to outshine the men and be more feminine? In fairness to them that is strange request.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:43 am 

Team Ninja wrote:
RVD and Kennedy said that WWE told them not to outshine the men and be more feminine? In fairness to them that is strange request.

Or you really that lame you have to resort to trying to change the topic. Like I said most people who leave the WWE say in some way WWE didn't let me be me. Which is basically what Gail's saying. Now in her case like I said I doubt it and that doesn't explain why she couldn't handle the task of throwing a bucket of confetti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:00 am 
Site Admin

Gail Kim was really good in TNA. She was the shits in WWE. She botched not only her moves but everything she did like throwing a bucket of confetti.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:02 am 

I'm not saying she was good or bad.Just that it doesn't matter because WWE shits on the women.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:06 am 

I came here looking for a simple answer in regards to how many boob jobs she's had and got bombarded with her bitching about stuff I don't give two squirts of piss about.

For shame!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:15 am 

Team Ninja wrote:
I'm not saying she was good or bad.Just that it doesn't matter because WWE shits on the women.

If she was bad though then no matter what WWE did regardless it wouldn't have helped her

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:30 pm 

"every week there’d be a new rule for the Divas like “no kicking”, “no punching” etc. “It was so frustrating.” WWE wanted “more girliness” in Divas matches."

"Gail says she was ready to quit the day that she was revealed as Daniel Bryan’s girlfriend, but prolonged it because she was finally being used."

"She felt that the Divas were treated as a joke but tried to make the best of every situation. She says the battle royal came and they were told, “Everybody has to get out of the ring as fast as possible in the first minute”. "

It didn't matter if she was good or not. WWE doesn't care about the women period. I'm not arguing that she was a good wrestler. All I said is why should she bother trying if wasn't going to make any difference?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:43 pm 

Puft wrote:
I came here looking for a simple answer in regards to how many boob jobs she's had and got bombarded with her bitching about stuff I don't give two squirts of piss about.

For shame!

I know! This thread should be about boobs...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

Beth and Natalya wouldn't be pushed now if they didn't try hard.

I watch WWE, and always see punching and kicking in women's matches. I don't know what she's even talking about. Maybe they told the women who can't punch not to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:04 pm 

It took Beth Phoenix three matches to beat Kelly Kelly. I'd hardly call that a push.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

Team Ninja wrote:
It took Beth Phoenix three matches to beat Kelly Kelly. I'd hardly call that a push.

Then you'd be absolutely wrong. Kelly Kelly is the main diva they are pushing in WWE. Beth has been feuding with her for months. She's been on both shows every week, and like 3 or 4 straight PPV matches.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:27 pm 

Gail seemed unhappy in WWE for a long time. I was never a fan of her stuff in 2003 and lately it was worse.

'Britains Little Muffin'
IYH Hall of Famer
and the man whose wrestling views are the best in the world

@nikhilkalhan92

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

The only time I thought she was any good was in TNA vs Kong.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:43 pm 

Jack wrote:
Team Ninja wrote:

Then you'd be absolutely wrong. Kelly Kelly is the main diva they are pushing in WWE. Beth has been feuding with her for months. She's been on both shows every week, and like 3 or 4 straight PPV matches.

The fact that Kelly Kelly is the top diva is the problem in itself. She was literally picked out a magazine. She never worked on the indys or had to do any kind of real training. If it took Big Show three PPVs to beat a 21 year old untrained male stripper people would say it was the worst angle of all time.

She is over, I can't argue with you on that. I'm not saying they should push women's wrestling and not models. It's clearly working for them. My point is there is no reason for a real wrestler to bother trying because in the end it won't matter. The WWE doesn't care about women's wrestling and they have conditioned their fan base to feel the same. You can't argue that women have the same opportunities as the men. Their division is treated as joke and thus people perceive it that way. So, why shouldn't someone like Gail Kim just fuck around and collect a pay check?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:26 am 

Team Ninja wrote:
"every week there’d be a new rule for the Divas like “no kicking”, “no punching” etc. “It was so frustrating.” WWE wanted “more girliness” in Divas matches."

"Gail says she was ready to quit the day that she was revealed as Daniel Bryan’s girlfriend, but prolonged it because she was finally being used."

"She felt that the Divas were treated as a joke but tried to make the best of every situation. She says the battle royal came and they were told, “Everybody has to get out of the ring as fast as possible in the first minute”. "

It didn't matter if she was good or not. WWE doesn't care about the women period. I'm not arguing that she was a good wrestler. All I said is why should she bother trying if wasn't going to make any difference?

and now where back to your basing all of that off the words of Gail Kim which means nothing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:21 pm 

I used he quotes as examples. I base my theory of watching the show. I refuse to believe anyone think Women in WWE have the same opportunities as men. If you do think that you are a fucking retard.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Eh, why would they ? That's like saying WNBA players should get paid the same as NBA players.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:53 pm 

Team Ninja wrote:
I used he quotes as examples. I base my theory of watching the show. I refuse to believe anyone think Women in WWE have the same opportunities as men. If you do think that you are a fucking retard.

I'm with Jack why would they? It doesn't draw and despite this crap like half this board pretends as if they really care I've seen enough threads of half naked females and most of them needing a change of pants to know you know you don't care.

However that doesn't chagne the fact that her first run was overrated and 2nd run sucked. WWE cant fix the fact that she blows spots as much as Sin Cara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:05 pm 

How do you know if it draws or not? Have women in the WWE ever been pushed to the main event? How many real angles have only involved women in the history of the WWE? You can say you don't like women's wrestling but to argue that they have failed when they have never been given a fair shot is insane.

Also, to Jack points that's not what I'm saying at all. The divas aren't a separate company. I never mentioned anything about payment either. All I'm saying is women aren't given the same chances as men. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.